Public Information Officer
Officer on Special Duty
Department of IT, BT, S&T
6th Floor, 5th Stage, MS Building
Bangalore - 560 001
Public Information Officer
Minister (Press, Information and Culture)
2107 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008
Sub: Government initiatives to develop Mysore, Mangalore and Hubli-Dharwad as IT destination between January, 2001 and January, 2008 – Information requested under Right to Information Act (RTI) – regarding.
Refer: Press release about Karnataka’s share in IT exports - http://www.livemint.com/2008/01/23234743/Karnataka-to-account-for-44-o.html
I, a concerned NRI, hereby request you to furnish the details with regard to all the government initiatives to develop Mysore, Mangalore and Hubli-Dharwad as IT destinations between January, 2001 and January, 2008, in view of the recent press release as referenced above.
I have the following specific questions:
1. List of all the government initiatives and efforts by Department of Information Technology and Bio Technology, to develop Mysore, Mangalore and Hubli-Dharwad as IT destinations since January, 2001 to January, 2008. Please provide all the official correspondence in this regard.
2. Details of how many special economic zones have been sanctioned for the tier II cities of Mysore, Mangalore and Hubli-Dharwad between January, 2001 and January 2008. Please provide all the official correspondence in this regard.
3. Details of all the government efforts that include the Cabinet approval, acquiring of land for Special Economic Zone/s, approvals of SEZ initiatives forwarded to Board of Approvals, (BoA) for SEZ, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, New Delhi, between the aforementioned period, for the tier II cities of Mysore, Mangalore and Hubli-Dharwad. Please provide all the official correspondence in this regard.
4. What are the details of approved private investments into Mysore, Mangalore and Hubli-Dharwad between the aforesaid period. How many IT companies have been approved to start their operations and how many IT companies have started their operations amongst these three tier II cities, during the aforesaid period. Please furnish the details of approved investments for each approved IT company in these cities for the same period.
5. I would like to draw your attention to the press coverage about two IT majors evincing interest to start their operations within Hubli-Dharwad, during 2005 - 2006, captured at my personal blog:http://nageeta.blogspot.com/2006/01/2-it-majors-evince-interest-in-hubli.html
Speicifically I would like to know the following information:
* The names of these two major IT companies, the names of the representatives of these two IT major companies including their contact numbers, official addresses and email addresses
* The efforts by Dept of IT and BT to follow up with these IT majors to look into their investment interests, in the form of emails, letters, faxes, details of physical visits. Please provide all the evidences in this regard.
* The reasons as to why these two IT majors did not get interested into Hubli-Dharwad – specific details as provided by the representatives of these two IT majors through emails, letters, faxes etc. Please provide all the evidences in this regard.
* Did the same two IT majors decide to invest in other cities in lieu of Hubli-Dharwad within Karnataka? If yes, which cities were chosen by the two IT major companies and what were the specific efforts by Dept of IT and BT to convince them with their final destinations? What were the total investment proposals cleared for these two IT majors in their final destinations? Please provide details of all forms of correspondence in this regard.
6. What specific measures have been taken by the government of Karnataka / Department of IT and BT to develop Hubli-Dharwad as IT destination after the successful IT Meet held in May, 2006? Please provide all the correspondence by Dept of IT and BT with the IT companies that evinced interest to invest in Hubli-Dharwad.
7. The long dead website, that was prepared and launched for the IT Meet of May 2006, @ http://www.destinationhubli.in/
, is a glaring reflection of the government’s namesake efforts to develop Hubli-Dharwad as IT / ITeS destination. Why is the website, http://www.destinationhubli.in/
that was opened during the May 2006 IT Meet, always showing “This site is under construction. Please visit again to check the status. Thanks!” If the website has been under construction since the launching of the same during May 2006 IT Meet in Hubli-Dharwad, why was the website launched at all at the IT Meet? Specifically I would like to know official / department, who / which is responsible for the maintenance of this website. What are the official reasons for the website to be always showing the said status, soon after the IT Meet in May, 2006? Please provide all the official correspondence related to the creation / launch / maintenance of the website. What measures are in place / will be taken to make sure that the said website is active all the time?
8. What official measures have been taken to have the granted SEZ project for TCS Ltd, (Tata Consulting Services, Ltd) to start in Hubli-Dharwad? I request you to please furnish all the details of acquiring the land by KIADB, allotment of land to TCS Ltd, in regards to starting the SEZ project in Hubli-Dharwad.
Looking forward to hearing from your good offices, at your earliest administrative convenience.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Place: Cerritos, CA
Cerritos, CA 90703 USA
Copies submitted for favor of information and necessary action, to:
1. Hon.Secretary, Department of IT and BT, Bangalore
2. Hon.Deputy Commissioner, Dharwad, Karnataka
3. Hon.Commissioner, HDMC, Hubli, Karnataka.
4. Hon. State Chief Information Commissioner, Karnataka Information Commission, Room # 331 – 347, Gate # 1, 3rd Stage, 3rd Floor, MS Building, Vidhana Veedhi, Bangalore – 560 001.
Labels: Personal - Hubli Developments